Liber Vix recently tagged me in a 11 Random Facts and since I'm in procrastination mode I'm going to go for it while I slack off and watch Mad Men (was anyone else weirded out by that sex scene last week in the season premier? I thought it was pretty bizarre). So here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me:
Liber Vix's Questions:
My Questions for You:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
- Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
- Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
- No tag backs.
- You legitimately have to tag.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I've been in college for 10 years! No joke! I'm working on finishing up my PhD and study environmental policy and relationships between environmentalist and Native Americans full time. I am also so ready to graduate.
- I have 2 black belts in karate! I got my first black belt at the age of 12 in a full contact style of karate called Kokorokan (a shoot off of Kyokushin Karate)...a few years later I got another black belt in Tae Kwon Do. After I seriously hurt my hips (tendonitis and brusitis in both!) to the point where I couldn't sit up or even lift my legs up I took a biiiiiig long break and went back to get my second degree black belt in Kokorokan in October of 2010.
- I had no clue about makeup until I turned 21. Seriously. On that day my college roommate said, "Uh, yeah, Jessica? We need to do something about this" and brought my over to Clinque. Where they turned my face orange with the wrong shade of foundation. BUT I stuck with it anyway. My roommate says she created a beast.
- I didn't actually learn how to knit or crochet until college, and even then I mostly made pot holders that only a mother could love...It took about three or four years until I actually made a scarf that was actually attractive :P
- Aside from the fact that I know it's some kind of brown (light I think) I really don't know what my real hair color is anymore.
- My favorite movies are Last of the Mohicans, Jaws and Jurassic Park. I've watched them all tens of times.
- I'm not a real drinker. I never drank in college (because of my IC) and totally missed the party boat...even now it's a big night if I have more than one glass of wine.
- I love shoes, especially heels...I probably own somewhere between 15 and 20 pairs except I never wear them because I find them so uncomfortabe :( I constantly have to stop myself from buying expensive shoes that I'll only wear once. Flats seem so much less exciting, but are sadly so much more practical. That being said, I have several Miu Miu heels and wedges on my ebay watch list. That I won't buy.
- There are still a million things I want to be when I grow up, on the list are Egyptologist, explorer, marine biology, and, maybe most realistically and on the top of the list, is (successful) business owner.
- I love young adult (fantasy) fiction. Tamora Pierce, who I first read in 6th grade, is still one of my favorite authors and I pre-order all her books and am planning on naming at least one of my children after Alanna.
- I currently have 10 piercings (including my earrings) and 2 tattoos, this is a reduction from 14 piercings.
Liber Vix's Questions:
- Take a Myers-Brigg type assessment here. What type are you? (This takes a few minutes, but it is really helpful. There are lots of tests out there, this one is free and pretty straight-forward.) Do you think it's accurate? - ISTP ~ I'm not sure how accurate this is, I've taken this test before and gotten a different response (INTJ is what I usually get), I think it's because all of my answers are almost even, aside from especially the Thinking/Feeling and Perceiving/Judging. I could really go either way on a lot of the questions, I think it just has to do with how I'm feeling that day.Introverted (I) 54.29% Extroverted (E) 45.71%
Sensing (S) 53.85% Intuitive (N) 46.15%
Thinking (T) 51.28% Feeling (F) 48.72%
Perceiving (P) 51.52% Judging (J) 48.48%
- You're on a deserted island with only three beauty products at your disposal. What are they? - Do tweezers count? Because that would be my number one item, I strongly fear the re-appearance of my uni-brow. That and not having contacts/glasses on a desert island are my number one fear. This would be followed by moisturizer and lip balm, both with spf because not only do I have the driest skin and lips, I also burn in approximately 5 seconds.
- You can only have one meal for the rest of your life (appetizer, entree, and dessert.) What is it? - Oh my god, I so love food. Okay. So it would go like this...an appetizer of cream of broccoli and cheddar soup with crust bread and butter, homemade macaroni and cheese, fresh strawberry shortcake with real biscuits. I think I could eat that for the rest of my life...especially if calories didn't count.
- You can listen in on the eulogies at your own funeral. What do you think people would say about you? - I don't really like this question. I don't really know. It's kind of weird. I think they'd say I was pretty nice.
- Sunrises or sunsets? - Sunsets, because I'm never awake for sunrises.
- Who would play the starring role in a film about your life and why? - Yeah I have NO idea about this one. The only midlatetwenties something actress that I really like is Keira Knightley, but she's about half my size and looks nothing like me.
- What was the scariest/ most challenging thing you've done in the past year? - Getting up in front a lot of people (which I've had to do a lot this year) is always scary. Writing and defending my dissertation WILL be the most challenging thing I've ever
- If money was not an issue, what is the luxury makeup/skincare/beauty/fashion item you would like to try most? - SHOES. Miu Miu and Chloe...and Louboutin, d'oh!
- Top three favorite smells? (Perfumes or real-life) - This is actually really hard, I have a lot of favorite scents, to only say three is a toughie. Lilac (always), the smell of summer (fresh cut grass and sun!), Christmas (which, for me, is basically Yankee Candle Mistletoe).
- What colors do you wear most often? Any colors you don't like to wear? - I like to mix it up, I don't know if I wear any one color a lot, but I tend to go with jewel tones. I don't usually (ever) wear yellow. I don't think pastel colors really look that great on me, although I like them.
- What is the earliest memory you have? - Being 3 years old and asking my mother if my grandmother, who was in an Alzheimer's induced coma, would ever wake up. No. Not even if I bite her? Nope. She didn't
ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com
My Questions for You:
- Take a Myers-Brigg type assessment here. What type are you? (This takes a few minutes, but it is really helpful. There are lots of tests out there, this one is free and pretty straight-forward.) Do you think it's accurate?
- If you could live in any time period, ever, what would it be?
- Who's your hero/greatest inspiration?
- Who's your favorite character from either literature or cinema?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If money was not an issue, what is the luxury makeup/skincare/beauty/fashion item you would like to try most?
- Bath or shower?
- You can only have one meal for the rest of your life (appetizer, entree, and dessert.) What is it?
- What's one secret confession no one really knows?
- What's one skill you wish you had?
- What's the biggest goal you've accomplished this year?